Guidance for writing a personal emergency evacuation plan
The aim of a Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan (PEEP) is to provide people with
any form of disability, who cannot be adequately protected by the standard fire safety
provisions within premises, with a similar level of safety from the effects of fire as all
A simple strategy for providing appropriate assistance be determined and recorded
on the Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan – Required Action sheet contained in
The responsible person preparing the plan should not make assumptions about the
abilities of the disabled person. They are likely to know what they can achieve. It is
also important though that the disabled person does not feel pressured to do more
physically than they would generally be able to achieve.
Some negotiation skills, sensitivity and level of discernment are required by the
person carrying out the PEEP. Training is essential.
For occasional visitors, contractors, events such as open evenings or school plays
etc. a range of standard PEEPs can be used to ensure the safe evacuation of
Why choose GR Safety Solutions for personal evacuation emergency planning?
- Our professional health & safety consultants are available 24/7 to advise and support you on any health & safety issues.
- We’re highly qualified to carry out your risk assessments for you
- We can act as your competent person
- We create health & safety policies, procedures and management systems bespoke to your business
- We can help you achieve and promote a positive health & safety culture
- Special indemnity scheme
- Fixed monthly fee – no hidden surprises here
A guide to emergency plans
We like to make it easy
You Contact Us
Simply use one of the easy access contact methods to contact us today phone, email or live chat with our advisors.
We will go through your training requirements and advise you the next steps of what to do.
First Class Service
Once we have agreed a plan of action we will provide you with a first class service throughout our time together.